Friday, April 26, 2013

What is on the design walls today?

Ruth's beautiful bird quilt
I did not get photos of everybody's but here are a few:  
Ruth had a large print fabric that this pattern really worked well with (above). She used the dark green to make it pop out, with a dash of purple for interest.   I apologize for not remembering the name of the designer of this pattern.

Janelle's thread spool quilt
Janell is a piecing maniac.  I do declare she must have completed a dozen quilt tops in three days!  I think she had most of these thread spool blocks started before she came to the retreat, so I will cut her some slack for not being a slacker.  What a cute thread spool pattern, done with striped fabrics.  I love it, but I must resist making one and not swerve from my already-lined-up projects! 
Carol's Twisting Turning 20 quilt

Carol's takes up the entire design wall and part of the floor. Meanwhile, after she got the top row sewed together there was an avalanche, so they were mostly on the floor.  She got her starter fabrics on her road trip from Tucson, AZ to Waynesville, MO in August 2012.  There are fabrics in here from the Calico Cow, Roswell, NM, Bittersweet Quilts, Joplin, MO, and The Thread Peddler in Buckthorn, MO.  She also used some of her stash. Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment