Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thank-you, LuAnn, the wonderful chef at the Monastery.  I have Celiac Disease. Because consuming gluten really kicks my a-- and takes me out of the game (any game), I worry about what I can eat when I travel or go to events with friends. Going to the retreat at the Monastery was no different.  BUT GUESS WHAT??!!!  All the meals were gluten free!!
One morning they had gluten free hotcakes! For dinner on the second night we had meatloaf with baked potatoes and gravy.  I had not had meatloaf with gravy in eight years.  I was in heaven!  The meatloaf was made with cornflake crumbs and the gravy was made with cornstarch.  I had taken my breakfast bars because I figured they would have nothing I could eat for breakfast.  Wrong!  I did not have to eat any of my breakfast bars.  The food was so delicious and comforting, but I made sure not to have seconds because I would have gained weight for sure!   

No comments:

Post a Comment